Friday, February 20, 2009

Applause

Just had to give some props to my friend Jenn's brother, Jason Naumann, who just released the film, Jesus People: The Movie, an upcoming mockumentary, in which Hollywood believers spoof the evangelical subculture—and thus themselves.

I'm all for spoofing the evangelical subculture. No, no, no, I'm not being mean. Every culture leaves itself wide open for spoofing.

Jason happens to do spoof very well.

You can read up on Jesus People: The Movie at the official website here. Be sure to visit and watch the original webisodes which led to the feature film.

Also check out this article at ChristianityToday.com.

I am ALWAYS up for a good mockumentary. My favorite being Waiting for Guffman. Plus, I must admit that it has always been my dream to have a small role in a mocumentary. Both actors and writers refer to finding one's "voice". I think I could find my acting voice in mocumentary film. I think this is why I enjoy them so very much.

I've got a SAG membership just waiting to be reactivated, Jason . . .

No, really, this post is about YOU and YOUR film . . . not me.

Applause, applause, applause to the cast and crew. Looking forward to seeing the feature.

No comments: