Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Gee, Thanks Borders!



I bought two new books today.

"Eats, Shoots, & Leaves" and "Camp Rock" (the junior novel - riveting).

"What? You actually purchased books?! Why, you don't do that!"

Ha!

I do when I have credit . . . from returning my Barnes & Noble copy of "Public Relations for Dummies"!

Yeppers. Borders took the book back without hesitation, and, I might add, incredible customer service, a run to the back of the store to get my exchange (Eats, Shoots & Leaves), a suggestion that I may want to pick up Lynne Truss's latest book, a smile, and actions completely worthy of my decision to refrain from ever giving my hard earned book buying money to Barnes & Noble in the future.

Seriously, I'm sold.

It was just so easy.

There were no questions. I didn't even need to explain. And I didn't feel like an idiot, as I did in B & N while being given the once over when I shared I had lost my receipt. Yeah, I bought it at YOUR store. Dorks.

Borders just took the book and handed me a gift card in exchange.

And what do you know? I turned around and immediately spent that gift card.

At Border's.

Gee, thanks!

No comments: