Friday, September 12, 2008

"It is better to LOOK good, than to feel good"

And Mrs. Palin, "You look mahvelous!"

According to the little gaggle of women I overheard at an area coffee shop this morning, you are "very pretty"! And that is sooooooooo exciting!

Seriously, folks. I think I should be a private eye. I just blend right in with my latte, biscotti, and reading material, which is currently, "Understanding Girls With ADHD". No one would ever suspect that I have a bionic ear.

As I listened to the "political" discussion at the next table, I was embarrassed to be a woman. And this, from a woman who actually sells lipstick! To pit bulls! And pigs. NOOOOOO! That was NOT directed at anyone in particular. Just calm yourself down already.

Although, I must add that lipstick sales are UP! Thanks, Sarah! Thank you, Obama.

Ugh. Digression. Sorry.

Here's how the discussion went down.

Lady #1: Are you excited about Sarah Palin?

Lady #2: You mean our next Vice President! Yes!!! I mean, I really don't know anything about her, and I haven't watched any speeches, but she is fantastic!

Lady #3: And she's really pretty!

All: Yes. Oh yes. Isn't she so pretty. Tee hee, tee hee, hardy har, har, har.

WHAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is your criteria? Quit sniffing and/or swallowing the product you are purchasing from me. It's not meant to be ingested!

I have watched every speech. I am reading everything I can get my hands on. I am watching every interview. This woman has been so coached to deliver the scripted and "approved"answers she has been rehearsing since the RNC, that she has to refrain from even blinking during an interview (a good sign that you can tell her head was spinning to retrieve the correct, manufactured answer located in the information Rolodex in her head, and yet she didn't want to lead on that it was spinning). Take it from one who used to coach speeches, interviews, and monologues. Sarah Palin did not look comfortable. Her eyes were transfixed, almost vacant, overdoing the eye contact, (which is what one does when they are relying soley on memorization), her hand wagged on each point as a crutch to help her remember the answers, and not even dropping a "Charlie" every so often to create a sense of relationship really worked in her favor. She didn't look relaxed.

But, yeah, she looks really pretty.

Doesn't that make you feel good?



No comments: