Monday, November 15, 2010

Give a Little Bit . . .

Remember this?

Well, I haven't forgotten about it.  That's more important than whether you remembered that I'm on a "giving quest".

I am.

So how's it going?

Well, the attic is no longer a storage facility, but rather a playroom for the children.  That ought to tell you something.

While cleaning the large space in the attic (it is finished and divided into a large and small room),  I found mounds of items that could be useful to someone else.  It seems as if I have been adding something to my giveaway pile daily.  We have cleaned up and donated so much stuff that our storage can now fit in the smaller attic space. And despite moving all our stored items to that smaller room, it isn't full.

Talk about downsizing.

Tonight I brought another load over to Goodwill.

You know what?  I realize that I could probably get a little coin from selling a few items on Craig's List or Ebay, but really, I've been blessed with a great freelancing life.  Writing, Beachbody, and Mary Kay keep me busy.  And paid.  I think I can afford to simply give away these items.

And so I have.

For those of you who have joined me on this quest - how's the giving going???

No comments: